How Electric Toothbrushes Prevent Cavities Between Teeth?
The most effective technique to avoid cavities between teeth is to brush and floss your teeth correctly. usmile electric toothbrushes and water flossers improve the effectiveness of your teeth brushing, resulting in fewer possibilities for tooth cavities. Continue reading to learn how usmile’s oral care products can help you prevent cavities.
Cavity Between Teeth
An interproximal cavity is a cavity between two teeth. Like any other cavity, cavity between teeth arises when enamel is worn away and bacteria adheres to the tooth, often causes tooth decay.
How do you get rid of a cavity between your teeth?
- Fillings: When a cavity has advanced beyond the enamel, the principal therapy is fillings.
- Crown: Crowns are a custom-fitted covering or "cap" put over a tooth to cure serious decay.
- Root canals: Root canals may be required if tooth decay has progressed to the interior substance of your tooth (pulp).
Does filling cavities in between teeth hurt?
Your dentist will numb the region with a numbing gel before administering Lidocaine, a local anesthetic. A sting may occur as the local anesthetic begins to inhibit nerve signals in order to relieve pain.
How do I prevent a cavity between teeth?
- Brushing and Flossing: Using water flosser once a day between your teeth can help keep the fissures and cracks between your teeth clean and cavity-free. Then use electric toothbrush to brush your teeth at least twice a day.
- Healthy Food: To lessen your chances of acquiring a cavity, your dentist may also advise you to cut back on sugary foods and beverages and restrict between-meal snacking. They may also advise reducing or quitting smoking and consuming alcohol.
Besides interproximal cavity, usmile’s oral care products also fight against other types of cavities.
Smooth Surface Cavities
Plaque tears through enamel and causes decay. Clinically proved to be superior at eliminating plaque, usmile electric toothbrushes’ oscillating, revolving, and pulsing motion can help prevent cavities caused by fractured enamel.
Chewing Surface Cavities
To help prevent cavities in hard-to-reach regions, usmile electric toothbrushes’ handle timer assist you through a more thorough, dentist-recommended two-minute cleaning.